Friday, September 23, 2011

How do you compute the cost of electricty for a small appliance?

Want to know how much I will pay for electricity before I buy the appliance?|||take the wattage of the appliance times 1 hour





example 100W * 1hr = 100Whr





divide by 1000 to figure out how many kWhr





100 Whr / 1000 = .1kWhr





multiply that by the cost per kWhr, usually found on your electric bill. I pay about 8 cents per. so to run a 100W appliance for 1 hr would cost me .8 cents, 10 hours would cost me 8 cents, etc.|||well you have to find out what your being charged. it should be in terms of kilowatts per hour. then you find what voltage and amps go into this appliance. then multiply volts by amps. this gives you watts. next convert watts to kilowatts by moving the decimal. multiply kilowatts by the estimated time it is running per month. finally multiply that number by what your being charged per kilowatt hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment