Friday, September 23, 2011

How to make my braces stop hurting and has anyone had an appliance in there mouth at the same time too?

I just got them yesterday and they didn't hurt till to day! I also have an appliance at the top of my mouth which makes it hard to swallow has anyone had this and could give me some advice ?!|||Braces only hurt at the beginning when they are put and then a little bit every time they are adjusted. They hurt because your bones are moving. Take pain killers for the pain and try to relax, the pain will subside. If you feel that they are hurting the inside of your gum, there is a wax you can use on top of the metal to protect your gum. Ask your orthodontist for some. About the appliance, its just a matter of getting used to it. I have two permanent ones and at the beginning it was even difficult to talk but now I even forget that I have them on. Keep in mind that after the Otho treatment, the benefits are going to be great!! You will look fabulous!! keep you eye on the goal!!|||i have braces and i ahve had them since february, dont worry the same thing happened to me, they ddint hurt til the enxt day, and i had a volleyball tournament, the best thign to do is eat amshed potatoes and ice creama dn drink milk shakes cuz its ahrd to eat foods cuz of the pain, its gonna hurt for the next few days but you get used to it,a dn when you go back in a few weeks to get it tightened its gonna hurt again then the time after that you will be used to it and it wont hurt. i dont know what an appliance is so i couldnt tell you, if you add detail and tell me about this appliance i could tell you.














also i dont know bout you but ibuprofin and tylenol didnt work for me, it still was painful maybe a lil less but still painful|||I have braces right now and even though i have had them for 9 months and already getting them off next week, I can help you. I went through the same thing it sounds like you did. The day you get them you feel good and everything's wonderful. But the 2nd day you have them is probably the worst day. everything you try to eat is as hard as a rock. so my advice to you is to take an ibuprofen every so often. tylenol did not help me at all but that was just me, everyone is different. Get some rest and you should probably consider going on an applesauce, pudding, jell-O diet for a while..it helps ALOT!!! =] I sure hope I helped you..good luck with your new braces. Look forward to a beautiful smile :D|||Just a couple tips to help you out... always take some tylenol before you go to get your braces tightened. It will really help. Also, you can purchase wax to put on your braces that helps them from rubbing the inside of your mouth, it really helps. You dentist may have some, or you can buy it at a drugstore.|||i have had braces 4 almost 4 years now so hopefully i can help! i cant help you with the appliance but i can help you with the pain. just take ibuprofen or advil evey 4 hours and that should help keep the pain away. or my orthodontist gave me wax to bite down on:) hope i can help and it will go away!|||Take a pain reducer.


If it rubbing you checks and such but some wax on the brackets.|||hey same here. i got an appliance called the frog and it hurts to eat im wondering if that is the same 4 u

No comments:

Post a Comment