Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I'm looking for a way to keep potatoes warm all day. Is there an appliance that will do that?

I need a way to keep 10 or 20 baked potatoes hot for about 4 to 6 hours per day. Is there an appliance or container that will do that?|||I used to work at a Holiday Inn... in the kitchen we had a drawer warmer. It was kept full of baked potaotes ready for the fixins... I am sure you could find one of those "hot drawers" but a commercial product and possibly expensive.



What about a bread warmer? I have an oven that has a warming drawer. You just got me thinking for the first time about using it for potatoes... I have used it for bread (rolls).|||Whenever I put on a big buffet I can put any type of covered serving dish of food on it and the food will stay warm all afternoon.



I am so curious why you have to keep your potatoes warm every day...LOL



If the baked potatoes were wrapped in foil, couldn't they just stay in the oven, say at 150 degrees and stay hot without overcooking?|||Standing holding temps for food is @ 180F. You could hold them in a slow oven and they should be fine. They are not an item you need to worry about drying out(that's if your truly baking, with foil it is technically steaming. As far as a container, anything covered will result in creating steam and will moisten and shrivel the skins. If your not serving throughout you can under cook them to ensure the skins don't get too tough.|||Might I add to the foil and cooler, heat a brick up in the oven while cooking the potatoes. (wrap it in foil first). Then when you remove the potatoes, wrap the brick in newspaper or hand towel and put the potatoes around the brick inside the insulated cooler.|||If you wrap them in tin foil when baking just put them in a small cooler(the ones meant to hold just a six pack). If you try to keep them heated for six hours they are going to dry out,so microwave or re-heat in the oven when you are ready to eat them.|||I BAKED UP A DOZEN AT A TIME AND PLACED THEM IN A STYROFOAM COOLER ( THAT WE HAD FROM OMAHA STEAKS ). I COOKED THEM UP EARLY IN THE DAY AND , BY THE TIME EVERYONE HAD ARRIVED AND PEOPLE WERE GETTING HUNGRY, IT HAD TO BE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE AFTERNOON....THE POTATOES WERE STILL HOT...NOT AS HOT AS JUST COMING OUT OF THE OVEN, BUT THE BUTTER MELTED WITH NO PROBLEM. HEIDI IN TN|||It is my opinion that potatoes do not hold up well for that period of time. You could bake them partially and then leave them our. Near dinner time, put them in the microwave until done.|||crock pot! leave it on low

No comments:

Post a Comment