Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Whats the point of a Herbst appliance when you could just use elastics?

im getting a herbst appliance in a month and I dont want to have that I want to have elastics?


my overbite is not even big at all its about 3mm?|||i didnt want my herbst appliance and still dont want it (well i got it 2 days ago) its extremly hard to eat and you may lose a few pounds. its funny because you dont have as much freedom in your mouth and your kinda sore, but dont worry becuase it'll help wayyyyyy more than elastics, trust me i've tried them. i had a horrible overbite. i look so much better. enjoy it, im not saying you'll love it because i dont lie but you'll look fabulous when they take it off, everyone will think its unique and envy you =)|||Your overbite and my overbite appear to be similar and they have pretty much fixed mine with elastics, however I'm also an adult... which might be part of the issue. Adults tend to be more compliant with treatment and a Herbst appliance is something you will not be able to take out. Elastics break easily and require that they be changed multiple times a day, which not all teenagers are willing to do. They can also use a Herbst without having braces attached to all of your teeth (I have seen this done in a child I worked with at summer camp a few years back).|||Ha, good luck to you, the herbst appliance looks really ugly and you aren't going to be able to stretch your mouth too far open. Enjoy your big mouthed freedom while you can, its not coming off :D





Good luck with your braces! Straight smiles forever...


Piki

No comments:

Post a Comment