Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I have been wanting a crock pot for a long time but am terrified of leaving an appliance on all day?

I would love to be able to come home from work and my dinner already cooked. Leaving food cooking unattended frightens me, and leaving an appliance on for long periods of time while i am not home also frightens me. Should i be worried or should i just go ahead and get one?|||its the best thing in the world. i felt exactly the same thing.. what i did was one day while i was home i left it on just to see if it would do anything and it didnt.|||i have had one for years and i have not had any trouble


it is pretty safe to have


and as long as its on low


your food will not burn|||Crock pots are actually quite safe. I've never heard of a case where they caused a house fire or something. Naturally you don't want to take chances and leave something flammable around an appliance that gets hot or leave it plugged in when you aren't using it, but most of the heat is on the inside parts of the pot.


It is smart of you to be concerned about leaving cooking food unattended, but you should be fine as long as you don't leave the pot on "high" when the recipe calls for the "low" setting.|||I was terrified at first too. I have one and it is great. I do leave it on all day long, on LOW, to come home to lots of great things. But, I understand your fear. I still have the creeping fear that the plug will catch fire and my condo will burn down while I'm at work.





This has OBVIOUSLY never happened. Crockpots are actually quite safe! I've done it 100s of times and my fears have never come true.





Maybe start out slow. Make something and come back 3 hours later.


Then make something and come back 6 hours later.


Then, work your way up to how long you are gone all day.





Meats work well if you have enough liquid and its on LOW, for 8 hours.|||I LOVE mine!!! I am weird about leaving appliances on, but I do use my crock pot. Just make sure you set it on a heatproof surface, because I have heard it can crack Corian... (use a large trivet if you need to), keep it away from other items such as plastic, paper, etc., and keep it out from the wall and away from under cabinets.





The first time you use it, use it on a day when you are off work and plan to stay home. You will be able to reassure yourself that it really is safe and a WONDERFUL kitchen asset.





I use mine 2-3 times per week, and leave it on for 9-10 hours. I have a traditional one from approximately 1990 as well as a digital one. I do prefer the digital one, but I use them both all the time.|||People do it all the time. Crock pots are


designed especially for that. And are very


low voltage, so no excess heat to worry


about. Just what's supposed to be there.





But why don't get one and try it out on a


weekend while you're home anyway. Just


to get over the fear factor. They really worth


the investment. So get a good one.|||Get a crock pot. They are very safe. The appliances that you need to worry about are coffee pots mainly. Anything with a cord compromised or where outlets are overloaded are potential fire hazards. I never leave my small appliances plugged in when not in use.|||you should deinatly get one! my family eats a crock pot meal at least once or twice a week, theyre great for days when you have a lot of things to do, and not a lot of time to make dinner|||Best thing in the world is a slow cooker / crock pot Get one that bears the good house keeping seal of approval. These products have been tested and are guaranteed by good house keeping.


here are the top four and range from 99.00 to 39.00


http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/product-鈥?/a>|||Don't worry about a crock pot...





Many people leave crock pots, coffee makers and rice cookers (similar products) all day without any problems.





With a crock pot, you don't boil off the liquid that fast so there's nothing to burn... In theory, the crock pot can't go any higher than 212F.





Also, the power consumption used by a crock pot can range from anywhere from 100 Watts to 300 Watts. One to three light bulbs... Think e-z bake oven... lol.





Don't worry and go get one.


Your neighbor has probably been happily using a crock pot while you've been too afraid to. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment